Your Personal Librarian
All undergraduates have a personal librarian who will:
- send you email updates about the library
- answer your library questions
- assist you in locating library resources
- help you when you are not sure where to start with research
Personal librarians are assigned based on your area of study. Call, email. set up an appointment or just stop by –your librarian is here to help you with any questions you might have about your research or anything library related.
Business, Psychology & Physical Education/Lifestyle: Laura Oanes
Art, Communications & Education: Lauren Leighton
Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Music & Physics: Lori Pesik
First Year Experience, English/World Languages, and Social Science (Criminal Justice, Political Science, & Sociology): Kate Johnson
History, Philosophy, Theatre/Dance & Theology: Ruth Ann Torstenson LeMasters
Reserve a Group Study Room
Fitzgerald Library has four rooms (McEnery 237-240) available for students to reserve for group study. Rooms can be reserved:
- up to 2 weeks in advance
- for a maximum 2 hour reservation time
- for a maximum of 2 reservations per account; cannot be consecutive times
- for academic purposes only
Go to our Reserve Group Study Rooms page to see what rooms and time slots are available. Pick a date, a time, and then click on the “Book it” link to reserve the space.
When you book a slot you will be asked to log in. Your user name is the 14 digit number at the bottom of your student ID card (2350000 …) and your password is your last name.
You can access your current room bookings or delete bookings here.
See the Library Technology page for how rooms are equipped
There are 6 group study rooms in the Fitzgerald Library that operate on a first come first served basis:
- Upper level rooms #203 & #204
- Main level rooms #117 & #118
- Lower level rooms #11 & #13
Your instructors may put books, articles, or DVDs on reserve. These can be picked up at the Circulation Desk with your student ID. Generally these items must stay in the library and the loan period is usually 2 hours. DVDs may be viewed on any of the PCs in the library. Headphones are available for check out at the Circulation Desk.
To find out what is on reserve go to the Fitzgerald MNPALS Library catalog and chose Course Reserves from the menu on the right hand side of the search box. Here you may search by your professor’s name, your course title (e.g. PH400), or the title of the item you are looking for.
Please Note: Significant fines will apply when reserve materials are held past the time when they are due back. See more fine information on our Circulation Policy page.
Librarians can provide assistance at every stage of your research process. Get help finding books, searching databases, selecting key words, citing your sources, or anything else that can help you complete your research assignments successfully.
Find us at the Ask a Librarian Desk or online. Use the red “Ask a Question” button to chat with a librarian.
Make an appointment for a research consultation with your personal librarian or library liaison
Along with a collection of books, DVDs, online resources, and computers, the Fitzgerald Library provides quiet places to study (in the Lower Level or study carrels), group study rooms, general study and collaborative spaces, and some comfortable arm chair seating.
Students may bring food and drinks into the library. There is a microwave available in the lower level near the vending machines.
The library provides a variety of computer, printers, scanners, etc.
- Gremelsbach Lab Main Floor–12 PCs, 2 printers, 2 scanners, i micro fiche/film reader
- Reference Room Main Floor–13 PCs, 1 printer, 1 iPad catalog station
- Lab 33 Lower Level–30 PCs, 1 presenter station (PC, Elmo, projector), 1 printer
- McEnery “Pit” Lower Level–4 Macs, 1 printer, 1 scanner
- Quiet Study Area Lower Level–3 PCs, 1 iPad catalog station
- McEnery Upper Level–2 PCs, 1 printer
- McEnery Upper level Study Rooms–Collaborative work stations in each room for group presentations, includes Apple TV
- Fitzgerald Library Upper Level–3 PCs, 1 1 iPad catalog station
Computers & Technology
Equipment , Supplies, etc.
Available at the Circulation Desk. ID card needed.
- Markers for whiteboards
- Head phones
- Adapter cables
- CD player
- Rulers, glue sticks, markers, etc.