News & Events
COVID-19 UPDATE: The library building opens this week with special student curfew hours. See SMUMN Libraries COVID-19 Updates and Resources for the latest news and more information on hours. Please remember wearing a mask everywhere in the library is required. As an added precaution no food or drink will be allowed in the library. Online services are available. Use this link to contact us.
Coronavirus Update: Fitzgerald Library Returns Information
Due dates at the end of Fall Semester:
Undergraduate due dates for books is January 25h, 2021
DVDs checked out on or after Sunday November 15th will be due January 25th, 2021 for both faculty and students
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (507) 457-1561 with any questions or concerns.
All Saint Mary’s University students, faculty, and staff are able to check out materials from the Fitzgerald Library with their University ID card.
Currently enrolled Winona State University students and faculty also have user privileges with appropriate library/ID card. User privileges are also extended to staff at Saint Mary’s Press and students and faculty at Cotter High School.
Everyone is welcome to make on-site use of the Fitzgerald Library.
Guest privileges may be requested; contact library director Laura Oanes at (507) 457-6909 | email@example.com.
- Sign in to your account using your Saint Mary’s user name and password.
- Click on ” Loans” to see a list of items checked out to you.
- Click on “Renew” or simply “Renew All” if desired.
- The system will either renew the loan and display the new due date or will display a message explaining why the loan could not be renewed.
- If the due date does not change, the item has not been renewed.
- If you have questions about your account, check with Ann Jacques, Circulation Manager.
- You may place a request through the library catalog to have a book held for you, including items that are currently unavailable. You will receive an email notice when the book is ready to pick up.
- When a book is recalled from you by another patron, you will be asked to return it. Please be sensitive to the needs of others and return the book as soon as you are finished with it. If an instructor needs it for reserve you will need to return it immediately.
We appreciate your recommendations.
- Faculty: route your requests to your library liaison.
- Students: route your requests to your personal librarian.
Materials from Other Libraries:
You may request materials from other libraries. See the Interlibrary Loan Page for details.