News and Events
Coronavirus Update: Fitzgerald Library Returns Information
Fitzgerald Library is temporarily closed until further notice. All Fitzgerald Library materials as well as interlibrary loan materials that are checked out have had their due dates extended, and materials should be kept until campus reopens. Please do NOT make a special trip to campus to return materials. Due dates for all materials have been extended through August 28, 2020. Returns may not be processed immediately for safety reasons and may remain on your library account until the library resumes normal operations.
If you are on campus to move out and feel you must return materials, please return books, DVD’s and interlibrary loan materials to the Fitzgerald Library outside book return next to the front entrance door.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. You may see a fine on your library account at this time, but once items are returned, fines will be forgiven for all items due March 13 and after.
All Saint Mary’s University students, faculty, and staff are able to check out materials from the Fitzgerald Library with their University ID card.
Currently enrolled Winona State University students and faculty also have user privileges with appropriate library/ID card. User privileges are also extended to staff at Saint Mary’s Press and students and faculty at Cotter High School.
Everyone is welcome to make on-site use of the Fitzgerald Library.
Guest privileges may be requested; contact library director Laura Oanes at (507) 457-6909 | email@example.com.
- Sign in to your account using your Saint Mary’s user name and password.
- Click on ” Loans” to see a list of items checked out to you.
- Click on “Renew” or simply “Renew All” if desired.
- The system will either renew the loan and display the new due date or will display a message explaining why the loan could not be renewed.
- If the due date does not change, the item has not been renewed.
- If you have questions about your account, check with Ann Jacques, Circulation Manager.
- You may place a request through the library catalog to have a book held for you, including items that are currently unavailable. You will receive an email notice when the book is ready to pick up.
- When a book is recalled from you by another patron, you will be asked to return it. Please be sensitive to the needs of others and return the book as soon as you are finished with it. If an instructor needs it for reserve you will need to return it immediately.
We appreciate your recommendations.
- Faculty: route your requests to your library liaison.
- Students: route your requests to your personal librarian.
Materials from Other Libraries:
You may request materials form other libraries. See the Interlibrary Loan Page for details.